It is therefore, in addition to its ecclesiastical significance, a defining feature of the townscape of Bayerbach. The Bayerbach parish church is the centre of the parish. Bayerbach was originally a branch of Weihmörting, then a vicariate in the 16th century, and it was not until 1898 that it had its own parish. The St. Peter parish church is still a very young building. Almost nothing remained of the predecessor church, which can be seen on the famous Wenig engraving. This was probably from the 15th century. In 1855 the neo-Gothic sanctuary of the Bayerbach church was built. The tower was built in 1879/80, while the old nave was demolished in 1916. Thus the church which is visible today was constructed. The buttresses, the pointed spire and the choir closed on three sides lend the church a neo-Gothic feel.
In 2003 the interior of St. Peter's Church was renovated. The church was redesigned and upgraded in colour. In the centre of the sanctuary there is again the tabernacle, which was created by Wolf Hirtreiter, as was the pulpit. Over the course of the renovation of the church, the bronze tabernacle was gilded.
Of the baroque furnishings, the triumphal arch cross in the sanctuary, the baptismal font, two cherubs on the gallery and a statue of John Nepomuk from the middle of the 18th century still remain. This is located above the southern entrance. To the left of the altar there is a statue of the Mother of God on the wall, next to it stands the diocesan saint Brother Conrad of Parzham on a column. Since 29 June 2014 there has been a statue of St. Peter, the patron saint of the church, above the northern entrance. The glass windows were donated by local citizens for the fallen in the First World War. The south-western window is dedicated to Saint Brother Conrad of Parzham.
Patrocinium: 29th June