History: Originally a branch of the parish of Birnbach. 1859 branch, from 1897 parish.
Building: The parish church dates from the 15th century. The substructure of the tower belongs to the Romanesque-Gothic transition period. The 32 metre-high tower has a four-storey, square substructure with a visible structure. A steep pointed spire forms the top of the tower. The choir, which is somewhat retracted, has two bays. The mesh vault with single fluted ribs rests on profiled half-octagonal columns. The valuable Gothic frescoes from 1457 were uncovered during the restoration in 1962 and cleaned and expertly restored in 1985. They show some angels, the evangelist symbols of a bull and an eagle, a prophet, two clergymen, the church patron Martin, Mary's Annunciation and the meeting of Mary and Elizabeth. Gothic and Baroque wooden figures adorn the church, as does a Baroque painting by the 14 emergency helpers. In 1881 the nave was extended and widened. The baroque interior had to give way to a neo-Gothic one. During the renovation in 1962, the neo-Gothic altar was again replaced by a baroque altar. Between two winding columns, a baroque oil painting of St. Martin was attached with the inscription "Love shares". The parish church has three bells and an organ with eight stops.